Event Sales Manager – Laurenia / Pythian Market
October 23, 2018
Laurenia and 2Three4 are the newest additions to the CBD’s new Pythian Market. Pythian Market is an urban food collective celebrating New Orleans’ undeniable spirit and the Pythian Building’s remarkable history. Scheduled to open in late summer of 2018, Laurenia will be the city’s newest event space that will be the premier location for events downtown.
The Laurenia/ Pythian Market is seeking an Event Sales manager to This position offers an opportunity to sell to top tier clients and work with the best of the best in the events and catering industry. This candidate will be a part of a dynamic, fun enthusiastic team. The candidate will report to the Director of Sales and manage all aspects of events including sales, planning, and maintaining client relationships.
- The Event Sales Manager will be responsible but not limited to the following primary activities:
- Work with ownership to create the catering sales department of the business and implement the program.
- Identify sales prospects and establish new relationships through outreach
- Manage client and sale from prospect to execution
- Assemble weekly sales leads into an organized database
- Field calls and maintain client correspondence
- Follow up on new leads and referrals
- Strengthen and enhance current client relationships
- Manage account services through quality checks and other follow-up items
- Oversee (with help from execution team) event paperwork including proposals, contracts, invoices, rental sheets, pack lists, floor plans, staffing, BEOs
- Management of event budget
- Sourcing vendors and securing competitive pricing for goods and services
- Research – new products, our clients, industry events, venues, site visits
- Maintain sales materials and current knowledge of our menus and available services
- Formulate weekly status reports, including activity, follow-up, sales leads, and potential leads/new business opportunities
Skills and Experience
REQUIRED PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
• Ability to maintain a mature, friendly problem-solving attitude while managing staff, interpersonal conflicts, customer relations, and vendor relations.
• Impeccable oral and written communication skills: whether it’s over email, phone calls, in-person meetings, text messages, or smoke signals, you talk and people enjoy listening. Must be a good listener and strong leader.
• Ability to adjust to changing demand during our operational set up phase and quickly pivot when necessary.
• Develop strong working relationships and partnerships with internal departments, management team members, and vendors.
• Ensure efficiency and best practices of your team; set up regular/ongoing management meetings.
• Extensive firsthand knowledge of, and appreciation for, food and beverage and exceptional hospitality standards.
• Exceptional ability to build relationships and work well with a variety of individuals.
• Ability to think big picture and constantly maintain a sense of possibility: you are never content with status quo.
• Ability to proactively anticipate and solve problems, you are 3 steps ahead of a problem.
• Strong organization skills with fastidious attention to detail.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive.
• Experienced in Catering Software
• Knowledge of Social Media – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc
• Bachelor’s Degree or Related work equivalent
• 3+ Years of Experience in Events and Catering Sales
• Send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org