June 7, 2018
Located in the heart of the bustling Central Business District of New Orleans, the Pythian Market will feature a curated group of 14 local food vendors showcasing Louisiana flavors, craft cocktails, and some of the city’s best chefs. The market will be a go-to stop for breakfast, lunch, dinner, meetings, and late night drinks.
Pythian Market is seeking a motivated and dynamic Marketing Intern who is creative, a social media guru and capable of executing marketing initiatives. The role requires someone who is efficient, self-motivated, and has great communication skills as the role requires interaction with a diverse group of individuals from vendors, designers, and agencies, to senior management, among others. (vendors, agencies, management company, designers and other contributors).
- Work with the Marketing Manager o execute marketing activations and events for Pythian Market, create and manage marketing initiatives specific to the Pythian Market’s target audience (neighborhood residents, office workers, tourists), and grow and maintain social media presence by managing Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Yelp, Trip Advisor and Google+ accounts.
- Marketing initiatives include event promotion, logistics, email marketing (MailChimp), online marketing (website, Yelp, Trip Advisor, Google Business), and assistance with creation of market collateral including postcards, table tents, posters, etc.
- Update website using with new information, press, events, and other changes as necessary
- Direct social media across platforms
- Act as a liaison with cross-functional partners on other initiatives that impact marketing (design, management, vendors and leasing)
- Help vendors launch promotions as part of the seasonal marketing calendar. Additionally, advise and facilitate marketing opportunities for vendors.
- Communicate with vendors on weekly updates, onsite activations, and admin details.
- Perform administrative tasks associated with the day to day management of the project (calendar management, ordering, invoicing, documentation, asset management)
Skills and Experience
· Fondness for social media and experience with platforms (preferably with an understanding of influencer marketing)
· Experience in marketing, sales, advertising, business administration, or a related field of study
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office and MacOS (preferably with experience using Adobe Illustrator, Canva and/or Photoshop); comfortable using Google Drive for file management
· Excellent verbal, written and communication skills
· Comfortable communicating with high-level individuals both inside and outside of the organization
· Strong organizational skills, able to work on multiple initiatives in a deadline-driven environment
· Self-starter with a high degree of initiative and independence - revels in asking questions and receiving feedback
· Attention to detail
· Interest in the food, retail and entrepreneurship space
To apply: Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com